If you encountered the QuickBooks Error H505 then mistakenly more than one system is set as the server for your QuickBooks account. The server is the system that set to the host for multi-user mode. That means it is the computer that hosts all the company files.
Error: Company file is on other computer
What do Mean by QuickBooks Error Code H505
So you have to turn off the host option from all other systems except the multi-user access system to resolve this error. You have to do it with a process that is mentioned below. The solution is correct and verified as it is provided by the support team who is always here to help you out.
The few more Reasons that Cause this QuickBooks Error H505
- The setting of the hosting is incorrect
- .ND file is corrupt or damaged
- The configuration of the DNS is wrong
- Not getting the host system’s IP address
- The services of the QuickBooks are not started
- Set the firewall for the software.
Some Symptoms that help you in Recognizing the QuickBooks H505 Error
- Your system crashes often when running the software
- While working on the system or particular program it got freezes
- The error directly displayed on your screen
- Windows is functioning slowly and also responds slowly to the inputs
- When this error arises, then the program crashed immediately.
The Solution to Fix the QuickBooks Error H505:
- First of all, open your QuickBooks on any of the multi-user systems mainly where you get this error
- Click on the file menu and select the Utilities to open it instead of opening the company file
- In Utilities, if the option Host Multi-User Mode is visible then go and check the nest system of the multi-user mode
- But, if the option is Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then click on it
- Do this on all your system that you attached as the Multi-User
- After this, go to the Server system
- Open the QuickBooks software in it
- Then go to the File and then click on the Utilities option
- If the option is Host Multi-User Access then you have to select it
- If the option is Stop Multi-User Access then you don’t have to select it.
Any Help & Technical Support for Error H505
Above is the solution that you have to implement to resolve the QuickBooks Error H505. You can get in touch with the team for all kinds of errors or queries 24/7 hours at toll-free QuickBooks error support phone number 1800-986-6931. The team is here with experts, professionals, friendly and well-mannered team members. So, you can reach them for all your glitches to get the best answers as they are happy to serve you. The members are also available via email or do a live 24/7 chat with professionals. This is the best way to get connected anytime whether you face technical or functional errors.