- 1 Following are the list of Causes of QuickBooks Update Error Code 15106:
- 2 Only 6 Reliable Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 – Intuit
- 2.1 ☐ Solution 1: Sign in as an Administrator with full access control:
- 2.2 ☐ Solution 2: Shutdown Antivirus:
- 2.3 Solution 3: Disable or Uninstall your Antivirus and Rename folders
- 2.4 ☐ Solution 4: Switch of UAC feature:
- 2.5 Solution 5: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
- 2.6 ☐ Solution 6: Clean Installation:
- 2.7 Another way to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106- if Occurred in QuickBooks Enterprise Edition 2019:
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 encounters due to corrupted update program files. This issue generally occurs while operating QuickBooks software whenever users try to download and install updates. This error message displays as unable to update payroll. Receive this error 15106 while you are updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release because of one of the following:
- Your current installed antivirus application blocking the update
- May be you aren’t logged in as the administrator
Following are the list of Causes of QuickBooks Update Error Code 15106:
Users often think why this error message pops up on their computer screen, so there are mainly three causes behind the occurring of this error. These are:
- Spy Sweeper may occasionally be present in the anti-virus web-root
- UAC settings can also be one of the reasons
- Users may not have logged in with the proper username that has the rights to the admin level. The chances of reading and writing new files are limited in this situation, resulting in the problem of performing the desired task.
Quick overview of QuickBooks Error 15106
Only 6 Reliable Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 – Intuit
Below-mentioned is the list of resolutions to quickly rectify this most common update issue:
☐ Solution 1: Sign in as an Administrator with full access control:
➦ Initially, press Windows + R keys together from your console
➦ And then you can Run box appears on your screen
➦ Next, type Control Panel in the appeared Run box
➦ And then press the “Ok” button
➦ Navigate the “User Accounts” and then click on the “User Accounts” option
➦ After that, you can see the name on the right side in the Users Accounts
➦ If a user is logged in as Admin, It’ll show you the Administrator below to your name.
☐ Solution 2: Shutdown Antivirus:
To close the Antivirus program installed in the system you need to follow below-written steps:
➦ Locate your keyboard and hit on Ctrl+Shift+Esc to display the Task Manager window.
➦ Discover the processes option and then find out the antivirus downloaded on your system with an extention.exe
➦ Uninstall the program
➦ Choose the end process
➦ Modify the name of the folder containing QuickBooks update content. For renaming follow steps:
➦ Hit on Windows+E key from the keyboard device to display File Explorer on the screen
➦ Locate C: drive\programfiles\Intuit\QuickBooks(yr)\components
Solution 3: Disable or Uninstall your Antivirus and Rename folders
➦ The very first, go to Windows Notification Area
➦ And then select the antivirus and make a right-click on it
➦ Now, it prompts you to disable it for temporarily
➦ After that, reinstall your QuickBooks update
➦ Follow the steps to rename the QB Update folder
- Press keys from your keyboard together that is Windows +E
- Next, locate the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components
- And then search the DownloadQBXX (XX means the QuickBooks version) and then right-click on the same
- Now, add .old at the end of the name. For example; DownloadXX.old.
☐ Solution 4: Switch of UAC feature:
If you are using the operating system Windows 7 & 8 then you need to recheck the UAC.
For this, follow the below-given instructions:
➦ Firstly, open the Run box by pressing Windows + R keys from your keyboard
➦ Next, enter the Control Panel and then press the Ok button
➦ Now, go to the “System and Security”
➦ And then click on the “Security & Maintenance” option
➦ Under the same, locate the “User Account Control”
➦ After that, select the “Change Settings” option
➦ Moving forward, select the “Never Notify” option by moving the slider
➦ And then press the “OK” button
➦ Finally, press the “Yes” button, if UAC asked you.
Solution 5: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
➦ Make sure that you have a license and product number of your QuickBooks Desktop before you uninstall.
➦ Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R keys from your keyboard
➦ Enter appwiz.cpl in the open Run box and then press the “OK” button
➦ Select the “QuickBooks Desktop” within the program list
➦ And then click on the “Uninstall” button
➦ Wait till the un-installation is completed because it takes time to complete.
☐ Solution 6: Clean Installation:
➦ You are required to uninstall the QuickBooks software in an appropriate manner and then reinstall it. This will resolve the update error which occurred due to improper configuration of update software.
Another way to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106- if Occurred in QuickBooks Enterprise Edition 2019:
Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Execute Reboot.bat
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Hit on install now to install an update
- If you unable to perform installation then delete and download the update
- Choose install now.
How to reach us:
We hope that the above-composed steps assisted you to rectify the QuickBooks payroll update error 15106. However, if you still face any difficulty or stuck while performing any of the steps or want any resolution regarding QuickBooks error support or any other functional issue then call QuickBooks customer helpline number.
The team has excellent technical skills and experience of many years of providing the best resolution. If in case, you don’t want to stay in a long queue simply drop an email & do a live chat with the experts to sort out all your issues.
Related QuickBooks Update Error and Issue: