- 1 Description- QuickBooks Error 1712 Installation Issue:
- 2 Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712 – QB Desktop Installation Issue
Are you tired of getting this error? This “QuickBooks Error 1712” encountered to you if there is an incorrect path of the file or the file is corrupted. The error message shows on your screen as:-
“We're sorry! Something went wrong with your installation
Description- QuickBooks Error 1712 Installation Issue:
Error 1712 one or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.”
For this, there are a few reasons so you have to find out the reason to apply the solution for fixing the error. Below is the information that is important and helps you in identifying the reason and also the solution according to that.
Quick view Error 1712 QuickBooks through InfoGraphic
What are the More Reasons for QuickBooks Desktop Install Error 1712:
The reasons for causing this error code are as follows:-
- In the registry, the files are not there
- Files are deleted or missing
- The path of the file is incorrect
- QuickBooks needs to be updated
- The update of Windows is required
- The files of the software are corrupted.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712 – QB Desktop Installation Issue
The solutions are according to the reasons so after getting the reason, perform the solution for that. The solutions are mentioned below:-
☐ Solution 1: Close all these Processes in the Task Manager
- First, Press Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete button
- Right-click on QuickBooks >> click on Processes
- Then, Click button on End Process >> close all the processes in the Task Manager
- Last, Restart your system >> check that processes are deleted completely
☐ Solution 2: For Modifying the Data Path
- In the beginning, open the RUN window after opening the system
- Type the Regedit in the search bar
- Then press the enter button click on the browse button
- A window opens up in your system
- In this go to the path “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ User Shell Folders”
- In the User Shell folders, locate and open the Entry App Data folder by doing the double-click on it
- Now original value has to be replaced with the local profile path
- Then close the window and also reboot your system
- After restarting the Windows, open the software and check that there are no issues.
☐ Solution 3: For Installing the QuickBooks Software again
- Firstly, download the latest version of the QuickBooks or you can also download the same version also
- Then install it by clicking on the .exe file
- Do the steps as directed on your screen
- After all, this, click on the finish button
- If you have downloaded the latest version then also do update the company file otherwise skip it
- Start using the newly installed software and see that the error is resolved.
☐ Solution 4: For using the Diagnostic Tool
- Download and install the diagnostic tool in your system
- After installing the tool, close all the applications or software running in your system
- Then open the diagnostic tool
- Do click on the “I have problems in installing QuickBooks” option
- Now select the OK button
- Restart your system to keep all the changes
- In the end, run the software and you see there are no errors in your account.
How to connect with Onlinechat247?
Above you get the solutions, so apply it according to the reasons that caused this error “QuickBooks Error 1712” in your QuickBooks Desktop account. All this can be easily done if you do it as an administrator. So, the problem is resolved on your own by applying this solution.
The QuickBooks error support number team is always here to help you all around the clock so, dial the QuickBooks helpline number. All the solutions and information is provided easily by the team members who are experienced in resolving all these glitches. The team is also available via live chat or you can send the email at and get the best assistance.
Similar Errors and Issues: