QuickBooks Error 6123 generally takes place whenever users attempt to restore the company file from the backup which is created in the hard disk. You can also find this error message while accessing the company file located in another system operating in a multi-network server. This blog will discuss the major causes & resolutions of error 6123, 0.
- 1 Quick Detail about QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 via Infographic
- 2 Quick Resolutions to say Goodbye to QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 – Company File
Quick Detail about QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 via Infographic
What are the major Reasons behind Error 6123,0 in QuickBooks
- When an attempt to restore the company file of other documents from an external backup device
- Corrupted network connectivity
- Obstruct in network connection coming from a host server system
- Disrupted accesses of company file due to firewall
- Antivirus software installed in the system which sometimes corrupts files & services of QuickBooks
- Corrupted window files.
Quick Resolutions to say Goodbye to QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 – Company File
Below-described is the list of resolutions to fix this error. You need to complicatedly follow each of them:
◙ Execute QuickBooks Doctor File:
- Download, install and execute QuickBooks File Doctor
- Wait till it finishes, then the next step is to select the company file
- Choose Check file Damage only & then hit on OK
- Now locate Repair File in the existing version
- Reboot the system
◙ Assign a name to.NG &.TLG file:
- Locate the folder with company file content
- Choose the equivalent .ND file present in the company file
- Locate the company folder right-click on it and assign a name to .TLG file
- Replace .TLG file to .TLG.OLD
- Now open the company file from a newly named file
If you still face issues then try to move the file containing company file content and open the QuickBooks from that location.
◙ Turn off the Antivirus software:
- Sometimes many such errors occur due to the antivirus program present in the system. After turning off, the antivirus might fix the issue.
◙ Build a New window user
- There might certain circumstances occur when your windows User login might be corrupted. To resolve this follow the steps:
- Locate the control panel
- Choose to Create New User located in User Icon
- Hit on Administrator for type user.
◙ Sign out from the existing one:
- Perform system restart and try to sign in with newly created user login credentials
- Make a folder of company file to the desktop of the system for easy view
- Now open the software from that folder
- Build a portable file to restore the company file
- Open QuickBooks from the same system in which you have built a backup of a company file
- Open the actual company file and build a portable copy of company file with an extension .qbm
- Restore the company file from that file.
We hope that you resolved QuickBooks error 6123 through the above-elaborated steps. In case you stuck in any of them or need any further assistance regarding QuickBooks errors, feel free to give a call to QuickBooks customer helpline number 1800-986-6931. You can easily connect the team of pro-advisors with great technical skills, carrying years of experience to quickly tackle any QuickBooks issue or other functional issues on your system too. Now, you can get better assistance though an email or do a 24/7 live chat for getting an instant response while fixing errors.