When updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update (payroll update did not complete successfully)
QuickBooks Error 15240 shows the error message on your screen as Error 15240: The Payroll update didn’t complete properly. There are some more messages that can be shown according to the reason like-
- File exists- The file is not opening in the software. Check that it works with other software at the same time.
- Unknown error- The internet connection error.
That means this error happens when you are downloading the payroll update and it interrupts in between the error display o your screen.
Here is the solution to fix it and also the more reasons that cause this error. Firstly, identify the reason in your system that causes this QuickBooks Error 15240.
- 1 Causes of this QuickBooks Update Error 15240
- 2 What is the Solution to Fix the QuickBooks Error 15240:
Causes of this QuickBooks Update Error 15240
- The download is not done properly or completely
- Using multi-user mode in your account
- The update that you want to do has damaged file
- Files of the registry are missing or not correct
- The software version is not updated or outdated
- You have not run QuickBooks as Administrator.
What is the Solution to Fix the QuickBooks Error 15240:
☑ Solution I: For running software as Administrator
- Firstly, you have to login as an admin
- Then select the QuickBooks icon
- Right-click on the icon and from further options
- Select the option Run as administrator.
☑ Solution II: For checking the settings of the browser
- First of all, open the browser
- Then go to its settings in it at the top right-side
- In this, from option click on the Settings option
- Now scroll it down and click on the Advanced
- In the security, select the SSL 3.0 and SSL 2.0 to use it
- After that, close it and restart the system and then the error is no more.
☑ Solution III: For adding the Windows permission in the folder of QuickBooks
- You have to close all the applications first
- Go to the path “C:\Program Files\” (for 32 bit) and “C:\Program Files (x86)\” (for 64 bit)
- Search for the Intuit folder
- Right-click on this folder and select the option Properties
- In the Security tab, go to the Advanced option and click on it
- Then check and verify the owner is the User group.
☑ Solution IV: For Firewall settings
- You have to check in the firewall that these files qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe have the access
- Then check the ports 80 and 443 are not disabled in it.
☑ Solution V: For setting the Time and Date in your system
- In your system, go to the bottom right-side on system’s screen
- Then right-click on that time and date
- A box pops-up, then from the options select the Adjust date/time option
- Then it takes you to the settings Window if you have the Windows 8 or higher version
- Update the current date and time properly and make sure that you are login the system as admin to make these changes
- Otherwise, it asks you for the ID and Password to do this
- Then close the window and it’s done.
Way to get Connected with the onlinechat247.org?
If you are still having issues or have any other queries then reach the support team and get the instant solution “QuickBooks Error 15240”. The team is here 24/7 hours to help you in providing you the answers to all your glitches. You just have to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Error support number 1800-986-6931.
The members of the team are glad to help you in all kinds of issues whether they are installation, upgrade, technical, update, payroll, functional and many other issues. You can also contact the team via live chat or email support whenever you want to.
Other QuickBooks Update and payroll Issue Topics..