- 1 Why QuickBooks Update Error 15270 Happens?
- 2 The Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15270
- 2.1 ☐ Solution 1- Download and Install the Update again:
- 2.2 ☐ Solution 2: Verify payroll subscription is active or not:
- 2.3 ☐ Solution 3: Verify EIN and Service Key:
- 2.4 ☐ Solution 4- Do the clean installation
- 2.5 ☐ Solution 5- User Account Control Settings
- 2.6 ☐ Solution 6- Set the default browser: Internet Explorer
try to download a payroll update, payroll update did not complete successfully
QuickBooks Update Error 15270 happens if the User account control settings are not done properly or there is an issue with the subscription such as details incorrect or inactive subscription. But the main reason is the payroll update and it shows the error message as “QuickBooks Desktop error 15270: Payroll update did not complete successfully. The file is missing for the update.”
So, to resolve it below you get the solution and the cause; now you can easily identify the cause and apply the solution to it. The solution is directly by the team who is here to help you out in all the possible situations.
Why QuickBooks Update Error 15270 Happens?
Sometimes a computer fails to download the complete file because of bad internet, lack of memory or any other system issue. Improper program files or incomplete installation may also lead to this error.
Working with any other web browser except internet explorer can be also a big cause of error code 15270.
What are the Various Reasons for QuickBooks Update Error 15270
- The UAC settings are incorrect
- The program files are not proper
- The files of download or upload are not done successfully
- Your default browser is not the Internet Explorer check
- QuickBooks files are deleted or corrupted.
The Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15270
Your QuickBooks payroll Update Did Not Complete Successfully
☐ Solution 1- Download and Install the Update again:
- Open your QuickBooks software
- Then click on the menu option Help
- Now click on the not Update option
- Continue with the instructions shown to you on your screen
- Select the Reset updates
- A window pops up in this give the confirmation by clicking on the Yes button
- Now click on the get updates option to activate it
- Then click on the Install button
- Reboot your system and then check the software.
☐ Solution 2: Verify payroll subscription is active or not:
- QuickBooks Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced: Click on Employees section
- My Payroll Service
- User Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences
- Need to Sign into your Intuit Account to view the QB Payroll Account Maintenance page
- Ensure and verify payroll subscription is Active.
☐ Solution 3: Verify EIN and Service Key:
- If you are using Social Security numbers instead of employer identification numbers (EINs)
- If you not entered yet Service Key in QB software
- Verify above all items in QuickBooks Desktop
☐ Solution 4- Do the clean installation
- In this solution, you have to uninstall the software and then install it again completely. Whether you can install the same version or the latest version it’s your choice.
☐ Solution 5- User Account Control Settings
- For this, open the Control Panel in your system
- Then select the option User Accounts to open it
- Click on the User Account control and open it up
- There is a slider, you have to slide it to the never notify and then click on the OK button
- In the end, restart your system and it’s done.
☐ Solution 6- Set the default browser: Internet Explorer
- In your system, go to the search bar in the Start menu
- Type the default apps and then from the search results open it
- Find the Web Browser in it
- Then, you have to set the Internet Explorer as the default app
- Now it’s done.
How to get in touch with
If still, you getting any issues “QuickBooks Update Error 15270” or have any queries then do connect with the team. For this, you have to connect the QuickBooks Error support chat and get the solution Dial 1800-986-6931. The team is here to help you all the time by providing you the best assistance. Members are polite, friendly and well-experienced so the errors can be handled easily. You can also get in touch with them via live chat or email.