- 1 What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
- 2 How to Fix the QuickBooks Web Connector has Stopped Working Issue⁉
- 2.1 Method 1: Rename the QWCLOG.TXT file
- 2.2 Method 2: Make sure that connect the company file to the third party program
- 2.3 Method 3: Remove Web Connector from the start-up menu
- 2.4 If you are using third-party applications so you have to fix the QuickBooks Web Connector error. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:-
- 2.5 Another Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector Stopped Working Problem
What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
In this article, we are going to discuss all the facts related to a common QuickBooks Web Connector error and also provide you quick fixes for this error.
No doubt, QuickBooks software has gained immense popularity among all-sized businesses. In fact, it is the most widely used accounting software that helps you in handling bookkeeping and accounting work. It offers some amazing features which make sure for the smooth functioning of the company. Even though QuickBooks is amazing software among small and medium-sized business, sometimes happens when its users come across some technical glitches. It can quite frustrating when they are unable to handle and it results that it hinders the entire workflow while some of them can be easily resolved.
This error shows when you start up the QuickBooks software. This mainly happens where the QWCLOG.txt file is damaged that is found in the folder of Web connector. It helps in connecting the account to the web-based programs. You can also remove the web connector if you won’t use any third-party application connected to your QuickBooks software.
Some Related Common QuickBooks Web Connector Error:
➣ QBWC1005, QBWC1006: QuickBooks Web Connector failed to run
➣ QBWC1007, QBWC1022: 1008, 1009, 1023, or 1024: this error while connecting to QuickBooks Software
➣ QBWC1011: Application not exist in registry
➣ QBWC1030: Password is not accessible
➣ QBWC1033: Failed to initialize QWCLog.txt file
➣ QBWC1035: Dns.Resolve failed due to Exception
➣ QBWC1040: Not valid username and/or password
➣ QBWC1048: Server error
➣ QBWC1085: QuickBooks cannot write to the log file. So it opens without writing to log files.
Here is a Brief Description of QBWC1040 and QBWC1085 ( Most faced by users ) shows the following error messages on your screen:-
☄ QBWC1040- When you enter invalid username and password at the time of auto run
☄ Exception type error- Unknown error
☄ QBWC1085- There was a problem with the log file. The web connector also continues without a log file.
☄ QBWC1085- The QuickBooks cannot write to the log file. So it opens without writing to log files.
List of the Reasons that Cause Web Connector Error in QuickBooks
➣ QuickBooks not able to continue with Web connector
➣ The error code can be any or any number after QBWCXXXX between 1005-1085
➣ QuickBooks web connector failed to give information while connected with the third-party tool
➣ QuickBooks cannot write on Web Connector file
➣ The .txt file is missing or damaged.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Web Connector has Stopped Working Issue⁉
Many QuickBooks users usually finding difficulty in rectifying this error but you are easily resolved by performing a few basic methods. Let’s explore:
Method 1: Rename the QWCLOG.TXT file
- Initially, go to the Taskbar and make a right-click on the QB Web Connector icon
- Next, hit the Exit option after opening Windows File Manager
- Now, locate the folder path: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ QBWebConnector\ log folder
- Afterward, select the rename option by right-clicking on the QWCLOG.TXT file
- And then change the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and press the Save button
- Try to reopen your Web Connector Program
- And lastly, reboot the system by reopening the QuickBooks and your third-party application.
Method 2: Make sure that connect the company file to the third party program
- The very first, press the Windows + R keys together from your console
- Next, a Run window appears on your screen
- And then type MSConfig in the appear search box and hit “Ok”
- After that, press the “Startup” tab
- Once you find then checked the checkbox for “QuickBooks Web Connector”
- And then hit the “Apply” button by following the “Ok” button
- In the final step, you need to restart your computer and then verify the error gets resolved or not.
If you are not connected to any 3rd Programs with QuickBooks, then you may remove the Web Connector from the Start menu. Here are the steps to make this happen.
- Firstly, login as Windows Administrator on your computer
- Next, locate the command C:\Program Data\Microsoft \Windows\ Start Menu\ Program \ Start-Up
- After that, remove the file related to the QuickBooks Web Connector
- Once you’re done then reboot the system and try to open QuickBooks once again.
If you are using third-party applications so you have to fix the QuickBooks Web Connector error. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:-
⇌ Close the web connector and the QuickBooks
⇌ Go to the path “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\Log”
⇌ Change the name of the QWCLOG.txt file to QWCLOGOLD.txt file by adding the OLD at the end of the file name
⇌ Now again open the QuickBooks and then the Web Connector
⇌ Reboot the system and then open the QuickBooks again
⇌ Now try to connect with other web-based apps using web connector and you see it is done.
Another Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector Stopped Working Problem
⇌ Open the RUN window using Windows+R keys altogether
⇌ After RUN window opens up
⇌ Type the Ms-config and then press the Enter button
⇌ Then select the Startup tab
⇌ Locate and then click on the checkbox in front of “QuickBooks Web Connector”
⇌ Select the Apply button and then click on OK button
⇌ Restart your system and now connect the applications.
How to Reach us?
You can easily reach us via QuickBooks error support helpline number 1800-986-6931 to fix the issues that you are facing in your QuickBooks account. The team is happy to help you with all kinds of issues whether they are functional technical or others. The members of the team are having many years of experience so it’s easy for them to provide you the answers for all the glitches. If there is an issue connecting with the toll-free number you can connect with experts via 24/7 live chat or send the email.