Sage Error Code 1335
Why usually the Sage error code 1335 crops up? This is one of the Sage technical error category that is commonly reported by the Sage software users. The error comes with an error message: “Windows Installer Error 1335: The cabinet file ‘xxx’ required for this installation is corrupt.” The error message indicates that the Service Pack installation might fail with an ‘Error 1335’ message similar to the following:
“The cabinet file ‘PCW_CAB_78CB96C9’ needed for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used further. This commonly signifies a network error or an error reading from the CD-ROM, or even a problem with this package.”
NOTE: CAB refers to the Cabinet file. The cabinet file name mentioned above is just for an example. It will vary in the real time error scenario.
Major Cause of the Error:
Sage error code 1335 usually occurs due to corrupt download or install media.The cabinet file in the service pack installation package is corrupt. In the process of downloading the installation files for service packs or patches from the Internet, certain proxy server or firewall settings can interfere the .cab file ending up corrupting the file.
Workaround for Error Code 1335:
There are certains methods recommended for the resolution of this problem. For successful resolution you can follow the methods in the give sequence. Move to the next solution only if the error fails to resolve with the above solution.
Solution 1: Previously Downloaded File
- Click Desktop -> Select New -> Choose Folder.
- Type Install -> Enter.
- Go to Start -> Run -> Locate for file SA_201x.
- Check the down loadable executable file.
- Click on file -> Run as administrator
- Then click Browse on installation directory
- Select your desktop, then create a folder called “temp”
- Click next and extract files into new location.
- Install Sage 50 in a general way.
Solution 2: CD/DVD disc
Part I: Dirty DVD or Windows InstallShield issues
- Clean & Insert the DVD.
- Select Browse CD from the menu -> Click Sage 50 -> Click Install.
- Accept license agreement -> then click Install.
- Click Finish once complete.
- Install Sage 50.
- In case you encounter the error again move to the other
Part II: DVD Drive issues
- Click Desktop -> New -> Choose Folder.
- Enter Install -> Enter -> then Insert the DVD.
- Go to the menu and Choose Browse.
- Select Edit -> Click Select All.
- Choose Edit -> Click Copy.
- Click Install folder on your Desktop.
- Select Edit -> click Paste then Launch.exe.
- Move to Part III if you still face the error.
Part III: DVD Drive Problems or Missing files
- Download Sage 50
- Check for an error free installation.
- Call to the tech support team in case you still face the error.
Solution 3: Downloaded Installer file is corrupted
- In case when you complete downloading and scanning of installer file it displays a message that file is corrupt
- Close the Antivirus program and Windows firewall
- Download the file again
- In case the error crops up once again on install
- Download it from another computer
For further information you must connect with Sage Chat Support team. The team comprises of experienced and knowledgeable Sage professionals who are readily available on live chat that is considered as the quickest mode of acquiring support. Also they can be approached via phone 1800-986-6931. It is a reliable Sage support agency that assures quick and feasible support to the users.