Sage Error 1606 is a common error in Sage 50 accounting software. It is a technical error which occurs when you are trying to install or remove Microsoft program from their system which may affect Sage software. This technical error can cause a great damage and it should be rectified soon.
Sage Error 1606 – Uninstalling Sage Taxation on Server
Sage Error 1606 occurs when you have either installed or uninstalled any Microsoft Program which was in sync with your Sage accounting software. You may encounter this error when you are uninstalling Sage Taxation from your system. You will receive the following error message:
“Error 1606: Could not access Network location. INVALID”
“Sage Taxation: Error 1606 Uninstalling Sage Taxation on Server”
The above error occurs when you have already uninstalled Sage Practice suite before uninstalling Sage Taxation application. Sage Practice suite is a common server component.
Causes – Uninstall Sage When Server is Not Available Error 1606
- Installation file corrupted
- Windows file damage or lost
- User profile delete/lost
- Affected by virus or malware
Solution to Fix Sage Error 1606 – Sage wan’t Uninstall
Follow the steps below to resolve your issue. You will just have to re-install “Sage Practice suite common server component” by repairing the installation of this application. You can carry out this procedure by installation process (DVD or Download).
Solution I: Using DVD
- Open “File Explorer” folder from My Computer.
- Go to “disc contents” > Prerequisites > SuiteCommonServer and run SuiteCommonServer.msi file. It is the simplest way to reinstall the “Sage Practice common server component” in your system.
- Go back to “Programs” option and click on “Features”.
- Uninstall Sage taxation without removing any other components.
Solution II: By Downloading (version of the download should be the same as the uninstall)
- Double click the download, so that it can start running.
- Keep the file window open and don’t click the next option.
- Open your “temp directory” by Pressing “Window Start key” from your keyboard along with “R” and “Run” dialog box will appear on your screen.
- In the search dialog box, write %temp%.
- Click on “OK” option.
- A new window will appear on your screen, it is temp directory.
- Browse for a folder known as “WZSE.0”. There may be a chance that the numerical present after full stop (.) may vary. You will have to look for highest number on that folder.
- Then you will have to browse to Prerequisites > SuiteCommonServer and run SuiteCommonServer.msi file, once again.
- This installation process will reinstall the “Sage Practice common server component” from your system.
- Click “cancel” from the installation wizard which opened during step 1.
- Return back to “Programs” and “Features”.
- Now you can successfully uninstall “Sage Taxation” file without removing any other components from your system.
The solutions above are recommended by Sage certified professionals. They have years of experience in handling such Sage errors & issues. If you need further assistance from our technical support team, you can without any hesitance, contact us by calling on our toll-free customer support number 1-800-986-6931. As we provide 24*7 services, you can also connect with us Sage 50 Live Chat Support at any point in time.
Related Sage Installation Error and Issue: