Software installation can give rise to errors at times. The “Sage Error 1406” can be identified with a code 1406. This Sage error can possibly occur on any device that uses Windows OS and often occurs when a installation of the software is attempted by the user. On encountering the error the user must report this error immediately to the Sage chat support. The Sage expert assists with different solutions to fix Windows error 1406 while installing software.
Sage Error 1406 Installation Issue
While installing the Sage 50 accounting software, the user uses the software installer. When the software installer functions it tries to update the registry it either crashes or does not have the right user permissions to change registry keys and ends up giving rise to error code 1406.
Work Around Solutions to Fix Sage Error 1406 Window Issue
There are some solutions recommended to resolve the error code 1406. You need to follow the solutions in the given order for complete resolution of the error.
Solution I: Run the Application as Administrator
At times the error happens due to the application running process. In that case you need to fix it by following the below steps:
- Click on the application .exe file
- Then click on the option Run as administrator
Solution II: Try Out a Clean Boot
The error code can be resolved also by attempting a clean boot and re-installing the software.
For performing clean boot in Windows follow the instructions:
◙ For Windows Xp, Vista and 7
- Start your system via Administrator rights.
- Click on Start -> enter msconfig.exe in the Search box -> Enter.
- Click on General tab -> Go to Selective startup option -> Click on the option to clear the Load startup items.
- Click on Services tab -> then click on the Hide all Microsoft services option -> Click on Disable all.
- Click OK and Restart.
◙ For Windows 8 and 8.1 users
- Start Search -> Enter msconfig -> Click on msconfig.
- Click on General tab -> Click on the Selective startup option -> Click on the option to delete the Load startup items.
- Click on Services tab -> Click on the Hide all Microsoft services option -> Click on Disable all.
- Click on the Startup tab in task manager -> Select Each Startup item -> Click Disable.
- Then close Task Manager in the System Configuration dialog box.
- Click OK and Restart.
- Once done you re-install the software. The software is sure to function properly. In case the error still continues while installing Bluestacks, MS Office or some anti virus, move to the other step.
Solution III: Provide Complete Permission to the Software
At times, the accounting software doesn’t have full permission and is not able to complete the Configuration. Follow the steps below to provide a full permission:
- Type regedit in the Search bar -> enter.
- Open the Registry Editor -> locate the location in the error status bar.
- When you find the location provided in the error -> Click on the open folder that is present in the left side list -> Click on Permission.
- Choose the Administrators group -> Click under the Allow Checkbox in front of Full Control.
- Choose the System group and check that Full Control is considered under the Allow column.
- Click on Advanced in the permission dialog box.
- Then click on the Owner tab -> choose the Administrators group and the option Replace Owner On Sub containers And Objects -> Click OK.
- Click on the Permissions tab -> Choose the option Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object.
- Then click OK.
- Close all the window and re-install the application once again.
- If the problem still persist, Reboot the system and retry the installation.
- In case the error still crops up you can jump to the next method.
Solution IV: Try out Fix it
You can use Fix it, an automatic troubleshooter application designed by Microsoft. It fixes all the issues automatically. Follow the steps mentioned below on how to use the troubleshooter tool.
- Download the Fix it application from the right link.
- Once installed successfully -> click on Run Now option in front of the Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled.
- The tool automatically fix the Sage Error 1406.
- Finally your installation is successful.
Also you can contact OnlineChat247.org for quick resolution of the error. This is a reliable support agency that employs highly capable Sage experts who assure immediate fixation of Sage error 1406. They are available on live chat for instant support. Apart from that you can approach them through toll free phone number 1(800)986-6931 and email support option.