In this article, you learn the causes and how to fix Sage Error 1046. When making payment or even while logging in to Sage HMRC through a Sage account, people come across several issues which may be because of internal errors.
Sage 50 is one of the most used and user-friendly software which can cater to a variety of needs and requirements very easily in a very less time. The Gateway is busy while submitting and can’t validate your details, although you’ve selected the “Submit” button as an agent check box. You are not registered with HMRC as an agent. People use to face errors in various formats while operating, some of which are listed below:
Failed FPS- Failure to submit on time may lead to penalties
The supplied user credentials failed confirmation for the requested service
What is Sage Error 1046 Failed FPS Submission
Sage payroll error 1046 mainly occurs while operating a sage account or most- probably due to an issue with SQL. SQL is a database management tool that helps to draw data from the application and work on it. Therefore, if the Sage account is not authentic to access from the website, the above error has occurred.
Related Sage HMRC authentication error and issue:
Reason for Sage Error 1046
- Maybe, you do not properly log onto the HMRC website
- You might be logged onto the HMRC account earlier and you are activated.
- For two different pieces of tax software, you don’t remember the exact username and password
- If SQL is not authentic to access this error may occur.
- The user credentials in the sage corporation tax online do not match with HMRC records.
- User ID and Password do not match in the e-Submission Settings
- Gateway and Website busy
You can Fix the Sage Error 1046 Failed FPS Submission by Using the below-mentioned methods
These all below following details must match by the HMRC:
- User ID and Password
- PAYE Reference number
- Account Office Reference
- Business Name and Address
Ways I: Validate HMRC
- Make sure that you have verified your mail id with HMRC before logging in.
- Administration in Sage Corporation Tax
- Select practice details
- Verify whether the details you provided are correct or not.
- After logging into an account with authentic details, you will not face any problems.
Sometimes, you may also not be able to log in to the HMRC, if the client does not appear in the sage Corporation. Also, verify properly that the company registration number is correct. If it doesn’t match the website will be rejected and display an error.
Ways II: Make sure whether the district and tax reference number are correct:
- You should firstly open the Sage Control Center
- Under file, select the Data to set properties
- Select view practice client on practice details
- Correct the details by going to tax details
- Also, check the date and year of the taxes
By following the above-mentioned tips, you will surely be able to fix the Sage 50 error 1046.
Another Method to Fix Sage HMRC Error Code 1046
Change E-submission Settings
- Click on e-Submissions >> then click on the e-Submission Setting option
- Remove old credentials then re-enter valid tax dist/ref number
Note:- Ensuring no blank spaces after the reference
- Enter only upper case letters in the tax district/reference
- Remove old data >> then re-enter the User ID and Password
- Click on the Contact Details tab then, if you are not registered yet on HMRC, ensure Submit box is clear
- Click on Save >> then click on Close
- Log in to the Gateway at online.hmrc.gov.uk >> then check your tax district and reference details in your e-Submission Settings.
In case, even after following the following recommendation, the error Sage error 1046 is still appearing.
Contact our Sage expert team is always there to help you out with the best solution and support Call +1800-986-6931. You just need to remain calm and contact our technical team seeking support to resolve the errors. Their collaborative experience and software knowledge has the ability to very nicely understand all your doubts and help you to resolve the error in very little time.