Sage 50 Error Code 1628
Sage 50 Error Code 1628 is the installation error that occurs when you are trying to install Sage in your system or your system has failed to complete installation. It is quite similar to other installation errors in Sage 50 like Error Code 1605, 1607, 1618, etc. In this case, your system fails to complete the whole installation of Sage, thus, you get a damaged file. It happens because the Windows Installer in your system believes that there is another installation process running in your system.
Error Code 1628
The Sage Install Error 1628 comes in the category of the “installation error”. This error is generally seen in those systems that have Microsoft Windows Operating system installed in them. The user receives the message:
“Error: “1628 Failed to complete installation” when trying to install program.”
After the display of this error, your system crashes the active program which was running on your system. It will lead to temporary freezing of your system. You can also notice that Error 1628 is similar to the other installation error in Sage 50 like Error 1605, 1618, 1701, 1704, 1721 or 1722. Sometimes, the error Code 1628 is followed by Error Code 1603. The causes responsible for this installation error are:
- Corrupt download of Sage file or incomplete installation of Sage in system.
- Widows might be corrupt due to frequent installation and un-installation of software.
- Virus and malware infecting or corrupting the files.
- When some other program mistakenly deletes or damages the Sage 50 related software.
- When .NET framework is damaged or expired.
How you can troubleshoot error?
Here are two ways to resolve the error:
- Start your computer system.
- Insert the installation CD (.NET file) in the CD drive.
- Install the dot-net file > dotnet32 or dotnet64 in your system from CD.
- Install their setup file. The setup file is known as “install.exe”.
- Repair all the Windows Registry Entries which are related to Sage 50 Error 1628 in your system.
- Run system scan for all the files. It will remove Malware and Virus from your system.
- Delete all the Junk and Temporary file or folders from “temp directory”.
- Check for notifications for PC Device Drivers. If any, run updates.
- Undo any recent changes you have done in your system.
- Uninstall Sage 50 Software from your system.
- Re-install Sage 50 software again.
- Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc/scannow”) in your system.
- Look for any system updates, if any, install and download those system updates.
- Now, a clean system Installation of Windows should be installed in your computer.
The above solutions are recommended by Intuit experts. If you have any queries regarding the software, then you can get in touch with Sage Live Chat Support. They have an expert team of QB professionals who are Intuit certified. You can get in touch with them at any time as they provide 24*7 customer services. You can call them by just dialing their toll-free customer support number 1800-986-6931.