- 1 Description Sage Error 1628 – Incomplete Installation
- 2 The Causes Responsible for this Sage Error 1628 Failed to Complete Installation:
- 3 How you can Troubleshoot Sage Error 1628 Failed to Complete Installation
Sage Error 1628 Failed to Complete Installation error that occurs when you are trying to install Sage in your system or your system has failed to complete installation. It is quite similar to other installation errors in Sage 50 like Error Code 1605, 1607, 1618, etc.
Description Sage Error 1628 – Incomplete Installation
In this case, your system fails to complete the whole installation of Sage, thus, you get a damaged file. It happens because the Windows Installer in your system believes that there is another installation process running in your system.
The Sage Install Error 1628 comes in the category of the “installation error”. This error is generally seen in those systems that have Microsoft Windows Operating system installed in them. The user receives the message:
“Error: “1628 Failed to complete installation” when trying to install program.”
“Unable to uninstall“
After the display of this error, your system crashes the active program which was running on your system. It will lead to temporary freezing of your system. You can also notice that Error 1628 is similar to the other installation error in Sage 50 like Error 1605, 1618, 1701, 1704, 1721 or 1722. Sometimes, the error Code 1628 is followed by Error Code 1603.
The Causes Responsible for this Sage Error 1628 Failed to Complete Installation:
- Corrupt download of Sage file or incomplete installation of Sage in system.
- Widows might be corrupt due to frequent installation and un-installation of software.
- Virus and malware infecting or corrupting the files.
- When some other program mistakenly deletes or damages the Sage 50 related software.
- When .NET framework is damaged or expired.
How you can Troubleshoot Sage Error 1628 Failed to Complete Installation
Here are Two Ways to Resolve the Error:
Method I: .NET file
- Start your computer system.
- Insert the installation CD (.NET file) in the CD drive.
- Install the dot-net file > dotnet32 or dotnet64 in your system from CD.
- Install their setup file. The setup file is known as “install.exe”.
Method II: Windows Registry
- Repair all the Windows Registry Entries which are related to Sage 50 Error 1628 in your system.
- Run system scan for all the files. It will remove Malware and Virus from your system.
- Delete all the Junk and Temporary file or folders from “temp directory”.
- Check for notifications for PC Device Drivers. If any, run updates.
- Undo any recent changes you have done in your system.
- Uninstall Sage 50 Software from your system.
- Re-install Sage 50 software again.
- Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc/scannow”) in your system.
- Look for any system updates, if any, install and download those system updates.
- Now, a clean system Installation of Windows should be installed in your computer.
Method III: Create New User Account
Create a New User Account:
First, CLick on Window >> Control Panel
Next, Click on User accounts >> Add or Remove user accounts
Type, account name (those you wish) >> Select Standard or Administrator
Click on Create account >> Create a Password
Then, Log off current account >> Log in with new account
You can start to Installation
The above solutions are recommended by Sage experts. If you have any queries regarding the software, then you can get in touch with Sage Live Chat Support. They have an expert team of Sage professionals who are Sage certified. You can get in touch with them at any time as they provide 24*7 customer services. You can call them by just dialing their toll-free customer support number 1800-986-6931.
Related Sage Installation and Uninstallation Issues: