- 1 What’s Mean by Sage 50 Payroll Error 7866 – Full Payment Submission
- 2 Process to Fix Sage 50 Payroll Error 7866- Payment Submission Issue
Sage 50 payroll error 7866 basically deals with a Full Payment Submission and to resolve it, we need to correct it. There are different National Insurance Categories for every employee depending on the employee’s work status like an apprentice, employee who’s under the age of 21, a married or widowed woman and those employees who are eligible to defer their NI if they are paying it in another job.
What’s Mean by Sage 50 Payroll Error 7866 – Full Payment Submission
While submitting complete payroll under the Full Payment System, there may be instances when this NI category needs to be changed for an employee.
This may result in an error with the following error message:
“Error 7866 – The amount in [EMPLOYEESCONTRIBUTIONSONALLEARNINGSYEARTODATE] must be 0.00 if the [NILETTER] is ‘X’, ‘C’, or ‘W.’”
It can affect the Sage line of products like Sage 50 payroll Version 19, 20, 21, 22, and Sage Instant Payroll.
What does the Sage Full Payment Submission Error 7866:
The above error states that instead of placing a “0” next to categories X, C, and W, a number greater or less than 0 has been wrongly placed. The error is caused usually when a wrong refund is made due to an incorrect category selected, or may be caused while processing manual NIC.
This, instead of being a bug is more of a technical anomaly or a manual error that has occurred while incorrectly processing the NI for the employee affected. To rectify this, either edit the data or roll back and re-process the effective employee.
Process to Fix Sage 50 Payroll Error 7866- Payment Submission Issue
What is a Rollback and things that must be taken into Account while doing a Rollback:
Rollback helps you to go back to a specific pay period pertaining to the employee for which the error has occurred and permanently deleting the Pay processing from the affected period to all subsequent pay periods.
However, note that the employee’s basic records such as the address and contact details won’t be affected. The only segments that will be permanently deleted will be the calmative values such as Pay History, Absence Records for the rolled back time frame. After rollback, the Employer’s Payment Record will be adjusted accordingly.
☑ Process of a rollback – How to rollback an employee’s Pay run data for the selected period
- Select Rollback Employees from the “Others” drop-down menu.
- Select Rollback Active Employee and click Continue.
- Now, click on the Rollback link for the employee and tick the period(s) you wish to roll back – and Continue
- Sign In with the password to confirm the rollback.
☑ However, there are several cautionary steps to be kept in mind while rolling back an employee’s data:
- Like checking if the pension scheme in the previous version for the employee is correct and not a mismatch.
- If you have amended pension schemes in an earlier version of Sage 50 Payroll and have completed a rollback, you should check that your pension schemes are correct.
- The accrued sickness days will also not be cleared during a rollback and needs to be manually deleted from the employee’s records.
- There may be changes in the Pay Elements and Rates since the rollback period. This won’t be reverted by the wizard.
As we know Sage is stuffed with features provisioning every business requirement, process and is in line with the government’s mandates and policies. However, an application as vast as Sage is not devoid of errors and logjams. Likewise, Sage may also face technical and functional errors in the due course of the business.
Sage tech support team is committed to providing the best guidance and support for Sage users and has highly experienced experts for fixing all errors and issues encountered in Sage “Sage 50 Payroll Error 7866”.
Users may face complex technical snags or other typical problems while working with Sage which is best dealt by a professional who can go to the root cause of the problem, run a series of tests and give the best possible remedy to an error.
OnlineChat.Support is open 24*7*365 for you to provide the best technical support related to the Sage line of products. Call on our Sage 50 helpline number 1800-986-6931 . Our experts will revert with a credible solution.
Related Error and Issue: